|on 04 Sep 2018 Posted by Administrator Category: Security News|
Backing up Data on an old IBM System 36 mainframe. It used huge Floppy distks that only held about 320 ki of memory.
1) Don't back too much up. You really only need to backup your documents, photos, music, video and any other personal data files you may keep in your computer.
2) Make more than one backup copy just in case. Keep the 2nd Backup off site, incase of building fire or other disaster.
3) Make it a regular Habit. Backup at least weekly.
4) If you use a "Backup Service" online, verify everything is in there from time to time.
5) Do your backup at the same time every week, that way it becomes a habit.
6) If your data is confidential lock it with a password, or put it in a Zio file for compression and then give that a password.
In my experiance, one can never have too many backups. :)T
Why are Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and the other Social Networks are a little Geeky and Slow lately? What can you do about it?on 23 Aug 2018 Posted by Administrator Category: Security News
Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and the other Social Networks are a little Geeky and Slow these last couple of days.
All those fake profiles being removed by Social Networks and Online Media has caused some of the "criminal element" on the internet to strike back with denial of service and other type attacks.
It should end soon, Facebook, and other online Social Networks, have evolved effective defenses that react quickly when attacked.
Eventually Facebook will delete, ban, or block all of the attackers - which stops things for a while, until the next attack.
What's the solution then when your favorite Social Network, or Website, is slow and your posts disappear, or other wierdness? Wait a bit, maybe even an hour or two and try again.
You may also gain some speed by resetting your internet connection and restarting your computer. Also remember to avoid 'peak usage' hours which are at the beginning of the business day, when the kids get home from school, the end of the business day and from 8 to 9 pm. - Todd W. Byars, Field Engineer, The Computer Dudes, Inc.
|on 21 Aug 2018 Posted by Administrator Category: Technology|
M0ther, is the name of our Simulation Tank and the Servers that run it. That's typed MZEROther.