|on 04 Sep 2018 Posted by Administrator Category: Security News|
Backing up Data on an old IBM System 36 mainframe. It used huge Floppy distks that only held about 320 ki of memory.
1) Don't back too much up. You really only need to backup your documents, photos, music, video and any other personal data files you may keep in your computer.
2) Make more than one backup copy just in case. Keep the 2nd Backup off site, incase of building fire or other disaster.
3) Make it a regular Habit. Backup at least weekly.
4) If you use a "Backup Service" online, verify everything is in there from time to time.
5) Do your backup at the same time every week, that way it becomes a habit.
6) If your data is confidential lock it with a password, or put it in a Zio file for compression and then give that a password.
In my experiance, one can never have too many backups. :)T